Dubai Expo Moved to October 2021
Dubai Expo event has been moved to October 2021 due to uncertainty caused by COVID-19 pandemic. Majority of events planned for year 2020 have been cancelled or postponed. Many big events planned in Europe during the summer season have been shifted to online mode with organizers holding online sessions for buyers and manufacturers.
Dubai Expo, the six month event, was earlier planned to start on April 1, 2021. Many events will be held during Dubai Expo and the organizers added that they want to offer presenters with enough of time to plan their events. The main site of Expo Dubai 2020 will be a 438-hectare area (1083 acres) located between the cities of Dubai and Abu Dhabi, near Dubai's southern border with Abu Dhabi.
To reduce any risk of future postponement, Dubai Expo management team has decided to move the date to October 2021. The weather will be good during October to March in Dubai. The event has now been planned from 1 October, 2021 till 31 March 2022.
Despite being held in 2021, organizers will keep the name Expo 2020 for marketing and branding purposes, marking the first time that the World Exposition has been postponed rather than cancelled. The Bureau International des Expositions (BIE) general assembly in Paris awarded Dubai as the host on November 27, 2013.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain